Open top menu
Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I've gotten a sudden spark of motivation to shape up again, so whilst I've been exercising my butt off, the ideas of healthy food came popping into my mind. Gourmet salads, wraps and sandwiches all made my mouth drool, but the only problem was.. I didn't have the ingredients to make any fancy healthy food in my pantry or fridge! I remembered that I had rice paper roll sheets hidden in a back cupboard somewhere, and luckily, these cute little inventions are easily modified while still maintaining its flavour! All you need is 5 ingredients, and you'll be full and satisfied for a long time!



 My dog really wanted some too.. look at her jealous expression!

This recipe is made according to what I had handy in my fridge, but pretty much any vegetable can be substituted into the recipe, so if you're a bit iffy about meat, then vegetables are completely fine!

VIETNAMESE RICE PAPER ROLLS

Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls:
  • 10 rice paper roll sheets
  • 2 avocados, halved and sliced lengthwise
  • 1 cup fresh mint leaves
  • 400g beef stroganoff
  • 1 carrot, julienned
  • 400g bean sprouts
  • 300g rice vermicelli, cooked and drained
  • 10 prawns, cooked and peeled
Dipping Sauce:
  • 3 tbsp fish sauce
  • 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
  • 3 tbsp water
Cook beef stroganoff pieces in a large pan on medium heat until cooked. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.

Fill a large shallow bowl with water. Place rice paper sheet into water until soft, approximately 30-60 seconds. Lay sheet on a place or bench, and assemble roll with a small amount of mint, carrot, vermicelli, bean sprouts. Add 1 prawn, 1 slice of beef and 2 slices of avocado in a row across the top middle, leaving about 4cm of the sheet uncovered on each side.
Fold in two sides of wrapper to centre, and tightly roll to enclose the filling. Repeat with remaining rolls.

In a small bowl, combine fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and water until combined. Serve rice paper rolls with dipping sauce.

- Rachel
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Lovely

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments